- Knight Frank are privileged to offer for sale this outstanding bed and breakfast lodge which is situated on the edge of the Tarkine which is the largest temperate rainforest in the southern hemisphere.
- This award-winning eco-lodge is located at Meunna, 35 minutes from Burnie Airport on Tasmania's north west coast.
- The property is contained on two titles comprising 44.68 hectares. The zoning is favourable for development with a previous DA for 25 cabins.
- The Lodge has to be seen to be believed! It took six years to construct mainly due to its unique configuration, the angles involved, and the massive timber beams. The interior is a showcase for Tasmanian timbers such as blackwood, myrtle, and blackheart sassafras.
- All three private ensuite rooms are luxuriously appointed. The decor reflects the works of local artists and the spacious lounge, dining, bar ,and kitchen areas all take full advantage of the 360-degree panoramic views.
- The business has a licence to conduct wilderness walks in the Tarkine Rainforest. Their sanctuary is known to support at least 64 threatened species of flora and fauna.
- During these walks guests experience breathtaking flora and fauna that no other region can provide. The trees are sensational, such as giant myrtles, tall eucalyptus, sassafras, leatherwood, mountain peppers, laural, stringybark, huge manferns, and blackwood. This 60 million year old forest is home to Tasmanian devils, wombats, possums, wallabies, quolls, endangered white goshawks, rare pink robins, wedge tail eagles, and platypus. There is trout in the Arthur River and also fresh water lobster including one local that is the largest in Tasmania. Rumour has it that the supposedly extinct Tasmanian Tigers still roam the area (one broke into the Trappers Hut!)
This is a great opportunity to secure such a breathtakingly unique property that has undoubted development potential
The proposed Tarkine Track will be a world class experience and will commence from this property.
An inspection is a must!
For more details, please email agent